Veggie Pizza | Healthy Recipes
- whole-wheat pizza crust (pre-made or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp. pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, or (1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1/2 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 mushroom, stem removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend Mix or mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven according to instructions on package.
- Add pizza sauce and pesto to the center of the pizza crust. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Evenly distribute the garlic and vegetables over the pizza. Place small pieces of sun-dried tomatoes on top of the zucchini (optional).
- Add black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizza. Add a little more black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cook pizza according to instruction on the package of crust.
- Cut pizza with a pizza cutter. Let cool 2-3 minutes before serving.